Friday, January 30, 2009

Upholstery, among other things.


I love so many of the new designers, but the really high quality stuff is so expensive. And the really crappy quality stuff is so expensive. Not to mention that whole contributing to global destruction and consumerism.
So I really love vintage furniture. Better quality materials, construction and prices. I have furnished most of my 3000 sq. ft. house for like $12 on craigslist. But I need to reupholster almost everything! Seriously, almost everything. I would love to buy everything vintage from 1stdibs.com where it's already refinished and reupholstered and fabulously perfect, but no such luck.
So here is a wonderously adorable website to check out. Nia at SummerlandStyle.com does upholstery, design consultation and sells her beautifully redesigned furniture finds. I will be eagerly awaiting her upcoming StyleGuide, which I hear may include some DIY videos on how to upholster my craigslist treasures myself! Ah, I'd rather wait till I can afford to hire her to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment