Thursday, February 5, 2009

don't you dare judge me!







I know that no one is reading this anyhow, but if you are, don't stop now, just because you think I'm a lunatic. I mean, is it really crazy to be jealous of a doll? She's thinner, prettier, has better skin and a nicer wardrobe than I do. Really, if you think about it, it would be crazy not to be jealous of her. So down to the details. There is this whole wild world out there of people who are into these dolls. They are called Ball Joint Dolls (BJD) and that's because the have balls in their joints! Are you paying attention? It is not really wierd that these dolls can be posed in completely lifelike positions. What's weird is that people pose them in completely life like positions. And it seems that this is a hobby exclusively for fantastic photographers, so that rules me out. If you want to see the some of the best check out Squeaky Monkey on flickr. She is mostly all about Blythe, (the one with the big head). I don't really dig on the big head so much, I'm more for the momoko and misaki dolls. These dolls are CRAZY expensive, so this is total fantasy, but I want to cover my oldest daughters wall with glossy white boxes mounted on the wall and have these fabulously couture dolls posing all over the place. I will periodically post more of these BJD dolls, just cause I think they're pretty.
momoko on flickr
misaki on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment