Thursday, January 14, 2010

My 1.5 seconds of fame

You may find this hard to believe, considering how naturally and brilliantly blogging has come to me, but there was a day, not too long ago, when I didn't understand what a blog was, much less why one would "follow" a blog. 

That is, until I discovered Design*Sponge.  Grace Bonney instantly became the go to girl for all of my decorating and style questions and inspiration.  While I have since cultivated a complete obsession with regularly pouring over about a million and a half design blogs, Design*Sponge is still the standard by which all are measured. 

So today is a happy day for me, my blog, my store, my kids, my dog and anyone else that will listen to me, since our little floor remodel was included among the other amazing before and afters on Design*Sponge!!!! 


You know you're jealous that I have email in my inbox from Grace, herself.  Control yourselves.

2 comments:

  1. Well, thank the heavens for designsponge, otherwise I might not have found you and been so inspired. I've got a kitchen floor that needs some serious help. Since I want Marmoleum or bamboo, but can't have it yet (think champagne taste on a cheap-ass beer budget), I think your idea would be the perfect low-cost temporary solution for me. Which brings me to my question. You said the former floor was lino tiles that you removed. What was underneath and how did you clean it? My floor was 3 layers of vinyl tile (90's, 80's and 60's) that hubby scraped down to the subfloor, which we painted for an immediate fix last year. I'm hoping the tiles will stick to it for at least 2 years. I may use two colors for a striped effect. Thanks again for the post! *Lisa*

    ReplyDelete
  2. L and C ~ I do think this might work really well for you. I thought it would be a tolerable fix, but I absolutely love it. Underneath the tile was concrete, and to be honest, we were in a bit of a hurry and just swept/mopped just to get it free of debris. Also, there were some plumbing issues during the flooring process, so the concrete was even wet for part of the time after the floor was down. This stuff is seriously sticky. As long as the paint isn't so thick that it might peel off, I don't think the vinyl planks will peel off anytime soon. You could just keep a tube of liquid nails around, and if one came loose, just glue it back down. Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete